Monday, October 13, 2008

Something worth "Idol"izing

Raise your hand if you watch American Idol. I know, I know, Simon is cruel and all the judges make fun of people, and that's why I don't usually watch the auditioning episodes or even the first few weeks of the contest. But when they've finally narrowed it down to the top 12, well, I'm all into it. So, if you watch, then you must remember Chris Sligh, the big guy with the mop of curly hair and the geeky glasses who opened his mouth and sang like an angel? I mean, you just couldn't believe the voice that came out of his mouth, right? Well, I am happy to say that he is actually using his talent to point others toward Jesus! That's right, he has become a Christian singer. And his first release is one of my favorite songs. You may have noticed it before playing right here on the blog. Well, I just found this video of it and thought I'd share. Don't forget to go to the sidebar and press pause on the music so you can hear the song. Enjoy!!


2 comments:

Dawn said...

Awesome! I am glad to hear that he's doing Christian music. I will be sure to get the CD for my kids..they really liked him on AI and now it's even better! Thanks!

Sarah - Kala said...

BRilliant!