Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Give me a break...please!

I've said it before: I do not like celebrities telling me what to do. I really don't. I saw this video over on Right Here In This Moment and I had to agree with her...anyone who votes based on who their favorite actor is voting for, just really should not be allowed to vote.

My first reaction when I saw this video was to post it so as to revolt you all. Then it got towards the end where they command me to "share this with 5 friends." And I thought, no! I refuse to do what you tell me to do! But it just kept haunting me that Dustin Hoffman actually calls abortion a "right" and Leonardo appears unattractive to me (I never thought that would happen, even when he went flying around on Al Gore's private jet to tell people to be green - like jet fuel is good for the environment). I feel as though I will never watch another one of these people's movies ever again. Not that I go to the movies anyway. My husband and I figure we can sit next to each other in a dark room and stare at a screen without paying $10 per hour to a babysitter and another $20 for popcorn and a big Coke. So we haven't seen a movie in years. But that's beside the point. I never really was able to compile a list of pro-life celebrities to support, but now I've got a hit list for who not to view. I know they don't name any actual candidate in this video, but you can just tell who they are all routing for.

So, if you think your stomach can handle it, I present for your viewing pleasure: More Celebrities Who Tell Us What To Do. (please remember to pause the music if you want to actually hear what these people have to say. If not, I completely understand.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it makes perfect sense. Most of what America thinks, eats, plays, watches, wears, reads, and buys, is based on the pied piping of celebrities. What would it be like if we actually had a nation filled with independent thinkers?

The election--I just want it to be over. . . Then we can start picking up the pieces.

I love the new look of your blog. Hope all is well with you. God bless.
Kay

Sarah - Kala said...

Did anyone else catch how they were speaking DOWN to us like we're all a bunch of dumdums? That was very annoying, not to mention it was a seriously CRASS presentation (swearing, removing of bra . . . ).

God help this country.

Mandy said...

I agree with Kay. Our society is based on what material things these "role models" do, buy, and say. It is unfortunate that our youth look up to these people. I certainly don't use them as my role models.

Unknown said...

I am so tired of actors using their celebrity to further the democrat's agenda. In the state I am in, you can register the day of the election-no ID required! Talk about potential for voter fraud-but that's a whole other issue!

Kathleen Miller said...

Cassie,

Yes, it gets old hearing the liberal Hollywood set spewing the same old rhetoric. They have different faces but the words are all the same.

One thing I read this morning from the www.spiritdaily.com blog was to encourage Catholics to take their Holy Water or Blessed Salt and sprinkle it in booth and around the polling area on election day.

Perhaps we should all do this!

CJ Sweet said...

Kathy, that's a great idea!! I will defintely do that. I hope others will follow along as well. God bless!

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

About the only redeeming quality that I can see here is that they are telling everyone to register/vote ~ but we all know that they are hoping we all vote for Obama, eh? :/ Heaven forbid...all the talk about gay rights, women's rights...it's as plain as your nose!
I did chuckle @ Courtney Cox Arquette's remark, "I did have five friends." Of course, that was all imaginary...
Seriously, tho' ~ at the ripe old age of 58, I've been registered since before most of them were even granted the right to life,so they need not lecture me!!!

EC Gefroh said...

I watched it for the sole purpose of seeing whose shows and movies I will be avoiding. They were so annoying and they did talk down to people. I wonder who exactly their target audience was? It certainly wasn't us.