Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hollywood For Life

I recently joined an online group called Team Sarah, for supporters of Sarah Palin. You might have noticed the button on my sidebar. There are sub-groups within the community, i.e. Pro-Lifers for Sarah, Men for Sarah, etc., and I joined the group Catholics for Sarah. It's a fun site, with chat rooms, news clips, and your own homepage to use.

Anyway, someone from the group sent me a clip of actress Janine Turner doing a radio show called Morning in America with Bill Bennett to promote Team Sarah. Now, I am a HUGE Janine Turner fan. Northern Exposure is one of my most favorite shows ever. Actually, if I had to do a Desert Island list of TV Shows, it might even make #1 (Hmmm, that's got me wondering, what would my Top 5 Desert Island TV shows be?? I'll have to do that later). But, I realized, I had no idea that she was a pro-life conservative. It made me start to wonder who else in Hollywood is.

I know that I can name a lot of Hollywood stars who are pro-choice, I think most of us can, but I only know of one or two who are outspokenly pro-life. A friend told me that it is because they fear being black-balled from acting roles, but I have no idea if that is true. I am finding that I really wish that I had a list. So I thought I would turn to all of you here in the blogosphere. Can you name any actors or actresses, or even musicians, etc., who are pro-life? The only ones that I know of are Patricia Heaton from Everybody Loves Raymond, Eduardo Verastegui from the movie Bella, and now Janine Turner, currently starring in Friday Night Lights. So if you know of others, please, please, put it in my comments. I really want to know who they are, so I can support their work and pray for them when they feel rejected by Hollywood for taking what can be an unpopular stance in that profession.

Also, if anyone does sign up for Team Sarah, be sure to look me up and add me as a friend! I'd love to know who is out there!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I like Sarah. She says the corniest things, but I like her. It makes her endearing. I LOVED her suit the night of the debates!

Thanks for voting! I'll tell ya what I picked b/c you already voted. Drumroll......

I chose B, too. :)

Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/feminism/fe0019.html is a great resource.
Margaret Colin is one of my favorites. She played Margo on "As the World Turns" years ago when I used to watch soaps!
And by the way Cassie, don't you dare worry about your little wild colt. You are an awesome mom setting a great example for your kids!