Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Prayer Vigil - Part 3

Well, today was my 3rd, and last, day praying outside the abortion clinic. When I say "last," I mean my last scheduled day for the 40 Days of Life, but I definitely plan on doing it again. I admit I don't know when, as I am getting pretty close to having this baby, but it has been such an amazing experience of fellowship, witness and prayer, that I am really eager to get out there again.

Today, like the other days, was very quiet, with no activity at all. The weather has turned cold here, so it was very different being all bundled up with fingers freezing, clutched around the Rosary. It kept us praying, though, because it was too cold to stand around and chat!

Even though I never once had the chance to talk to a woman seeking an abortion, or even made eye contact with anyone, the whole experience has been transforming. Getting out there, praying in public, trying to make a difference in this war on life; it was something that I had felt I needed to do for awhile, but fear of the unknown had held me back. I am so grateful that I had this opportunity to get past that, and now I know this is something I will do whenever I can, without thinking twice again.

I'll admit, Oh pride!, that I had really hoped and imagined speaking to a woman directly and personally helping her change her decision and saving a baby myself. But I think that I, along with all the wonderful folks out there with me, probably did more really, by lifting our voices in prayer and praise. Just being a presence and a witness to our faith, and the gift and dignity of all life.

I know these posts haven't been that exciting, but thank you for letting me share, and for being so supportive, and for all of your prayers. Please always keep the unborn in your prayers, and the mothers, the abortionists and clinic staff as well.

4 comments:

Missy said...

Cassie, it breaks my heart to think about these helpless babies, and I admire you for taking part in the prayer vigils.

Unknown said...

What couarage you have to do this! If I had someone to watch my youngest, I would do it-it was so inspiring when I was in college! God Bless!

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Will pray for you & your baby..

Mom of Six said...

Oh my. What an inspiration you are to everyone who happens across your blog. God bless you!