Thursday, November 20, 2008

Update on Me

Well, the time is finally arriving. They are planning to induce me on Monday, the 24th, assuming I don't go into labor before then. I have so much to do before this baby comes! You think I would have been on top of this stuff, but no, I am just starting to think about what I need. Can you believe I don't have diapers?? And we have to get the bassinet out and get the car seat in... Yeah, I'm a little behind!

I haven't mentioned it lately, but we are still in the process of trying to sell our house too. My realtor just called today to say someone coming in from out of town wants to look at it next week. I told him, please, please, make them come at least after Thanksgiving so I have a few days to get my act together. It's been really tough keeping this house in order with four kids underfoot and a big pregnant belly! I'd be just as happy to drop the whole thing until spring, but if the builders of the new house will keep extending my contingency, and dropping their price (which they've done twice), then I would be stupid to get out of that deal now.

Even without the aforementioned stuff going on, this is a crazy time of year for us. It begins the Big Birthday Slide!! We start with my oldest - who turns nine in just two weeks. Then, in succession, they have birthdays sliding one right into the other: December, January, February, and March. No, it has not escaped me that with a November birthday for this baby, we have only added to the chaos. And of course, tucked away nicely in there are Advent and Christmas.

And, no, I have not started my Christmas shopping. I am an under-pressure kind of shopper. Not a good strategy when you are as busy this time of year as we are. I'm not very bright that way though!

I could go on and on; Christmas pageant practice, Christmas choir practice, Cub Scout service projects, etc., etc., but I'm sure you get the main point: I am going to be BUSY.

So, I am going to try my very best to keep up on this blog, but I'm guessing my posts will be fewer. Don't worry, I'll let you know when the baby is here! And, if I don't post again before then, please have a very, very, Happy Thanksgiving!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cassie-you are in my prayers! I can't wait for news of that precious baby! God Bless!

Gina said...

All the best Cassie!
I'll say a prayer for the health of you and your child.
God bless.

Mandy said...

Have a wonderful one yourself...holding a new little one! I am so excited for you. Keeping you in my prayers and I can't wait to hear the news....

Sarah - Kala said...

This is exciting! I know it's crazy for you, but it's one of those times you will definitely look back on and laugh (I hope) and please know Our Lord is with you. Hang onto Him.

God bless,
Sarah

Missy said...

How exciting! You will be in my prayers...

Lerin said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you find the time to prepare everything that needs preparing. I'll be thinking of you on Monday!

Sarah - Kala said...

Hey, since we live in the same state, let's figure out if we live close enough - I could whip up a meal or two for you guys when the babe comes? Or, do something nice for you? Don't be shy! I'm totally being honest Abe here. Email me oldhamdj(at)comcast(dot)net and let me know if there's something I can do for you.

God bless,
Sarah

Kathleen Miller said...

Cassie,

May God Bless you with a safe and speedy delivery. May you be blessed with a little one soon to snuggle in your arms. May St. Gerard Majella intercede for you. May St. Gianna Molla pray for you!

God Bless!

Therese said...

many prayers for you and your baby. I hope everything goes smoothly with the selling of your house.

God bless
Therese