
I helped out manning the table for our Right to Life Committee at our ministry fair today. We had several little give away items, but the one I loved the most were these Precious Feet lapel pins.
The pin was created in 1974 by Mrs. Virginia Evers. She was inspired by photos taken by Dr. Russell Sacco, who documented the highly developed human characteristics of pre-born infants. His most "famous" photo was of the "perfectly formed feet of a 10 week old unborn child." Inspired by the photo, Mrs. Evers created this beautiful, gold pin, identical in size and shape to an unborn baby's feet just 10 weeks after conception. Since then, they have been used by "millions of people worldwide to demonstrate the humanity of the unborn."
I was given a whole bunch of these to hand out and I am left with 6. If you would like one, please leave a note in the comments. Please include your e-mail address if its not already in the profile of your blog. I will e-mail you to get your snail mail address. On the off chance that more than 6 people want them, I guess I will have a drawing. Maybe Tuesday morning?
Here's a picture of them next to a quarter so you can see how tiny they are. Oh, and they are not real gold. Just gold colored.

I have to tell you - I just Googled the pin so I could get a picture for the top of this post and found this site that has some really great testimonies regarding the pin. Here's one for example:
From Kathy in Phoenix, AZ
"I am so overjoyed to have learned of the 'Precious Feet'. I am 16 years old. One day I was in the library and saw a girl that had the cutest little lapel pin of baby feet that I was curious and asked her about them. She told me what they stood for....it touched me so dearly and this girl was so sweet. I was even thinking about getting an abortion but now I will not. I will have the baby and give it up for adoption. Too bad I can't keep it....but I know this will be the best for the child. I feel it was inspiration for me to be at the library that night."
Wow, that's amazing! Think of the people you can touch by wearing one of these pins. Please let me know if you'd like to have one!
6 comments:
Cassie, I'd love to have one. Thank you so much for offering. I'll send you and email with my info.
Thanks again!
I would love one as well Cassie! My email is on my profile!
Cassie, if you still have one I'd love to get one. My email *should* be on my profile, but if not let me know. Thanks!
I would love one please :)) My email is sahm(at)ringen.net :)) Thanks for offering!
hugs, Heather
hi there, Cassie! I have nominated your Blog here for the coveted Butterfly Award! Please accept with my compliments @ see your name linked here: http://whitewave39.blogspot.com/
I would have taken you up on the offer but I have one already. I got one at a home schooling conference a few years ago. They are lovely reminders of how precious - and obvious - life is!
Post a Comment