Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just to clear up any confusion left on this subject...

Aborted baby at 10 weeks

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile. I have actually been struggling with this post. I don't usually like to be controversial, but I feel really called to share the image above with you all. It's time to clear up any confusion about the reality of abortion. You see, there are far too many people like Nancy Pelosi and Joseph Biden who think it is a matter of faith as to when life begins. Senator Biden says that he himself believes it begins at conception, but that this is a religious belief and he cannot impose his religion on others. This is nonsense. It is a cold hard fact that life begins at conception. Maybe in the time of St. Augustine they didn't know for sure - they didn't have ultra-sound and other modern technology to show the truth. But even then the Church cautioned to err on the side of goodness and that abortion was wrong. They may not have known for sure when life began, but the Church still taught that it was wrong. The word actually used is evil. Well, now we know. There is no more mistaking it. Senator Biden's belief that he cannot force his views on others is ridiculous. If he saw someone beating their child would he not stop and impose his views then? Would he consider child abuse a choice? I imagine not. Then how can anyone who believes that life does begin at conception (and, again, let me stress that it's not a belief, but a fact); how does he not fight to stop what is then clearly homicide???

I'm pretty sure there are at least a few Catholics who read my blog and think along the same lines as Mr. Biden and Mrs. Pelosi. It is for them that I am publishing the photo above. I first saw it on Mark Mallett's blog and I began wondering if I should share it too. I wasn't convinced though until I read these testimonies that he shared today. As Father Frank Pavone of Priests for Life says, "America will not reject abortion until America sees abortion." For more images you can visit http://www.abortionno.org/.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I have to say that was the hardest image I have ever viewed. I think you did the right thing in posting this, but that doesn't make it any easier to view. I simply cannot imagine anyone wanting to terminate a life, in any capacity. Bless you for posting this.

Sarah - Kala said...

I applaud you for living the STANDARD! God bless you!

Andrea @ Momma in Flip Flops2 said...

That image made me so sad. I know people that have had abortions and if only they could see this so they don't make the same mistake again, and again. =(

God bless those babies and I hope someday the killing will end.

You are an amazing person for posting this and I hope it touches someone's life in the right way.

Anonymous said...

I commend you on your decision to post this picture. It is true that until people really see what abortion is they really can't say it's a "choice". Keep up the good work!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

It's important to dispel the lie that a baby in the womb under 12 weeks is not a baby.

Dymphna said...

Oh when I saw those little hands...How do abortionists do this day after day?

Unknown said...

What a powerful post! Thank you for sharing it!