This immediately reminded me of a beautiful poem a friend once shared with me called Carrying Christ. And so, of course, I wanted to share it with you all as well. The author is unknown.
CARRYING CHRIST
Into the hillside country Mary went / Carrying Christ.
And all along the road, the Christ she carried
Generously bestowed His grace on those she met.
She was content to hide His love for her.
But about her glowed such joy
That into stormy hearts Love flowed
And even to the unborn John, Christ’s grace was sent.
Christ in His Sacrament of Love each day
Dwells in my soul a little space
And then I walk life’s crowded highway, jostling people
Who seldom think of God.
To these I pray that I might carry Christ,
For it may be some would never know of Him
Except through me.
Into the hillside country Mary went / Carrying Christ.
And all along the road, the Christ she carried
Generously bestowed His grace on those she met.
She was content to hide His love for her.
But about her glowed such joy
That into stormy hearts Love flowed
And even to the unborn John, Christ’s grace was sent.
Christ in His Sacrament of Love each day
Dwells in my soul a little space
And then I walk life’s crowded highway, jostling people
Who seldom think of God.
To these I pray that I might carry Christ,
For it may be some would never know of Him
Except through me.
No comments:
Post a Comment