Last night was our presentation of the Living Stations of the Cross. As most of you know, I was honored to play the Blessed Mother. It went really well. The man who played Jesus was phenomenal. It was really easy for me to cry; the agony on his face was unbearable. The whole cast was really amazing. They were all incredible. I was chilled by Pilate, grateful for Simon of Cyrene, moved by Veronica and the Women of Jerusalem, held up by the strength and comfort of the Disciple John. Honestly I felt like I didn't deserve to be there. I could not have done it without them. I was truly so heartsick at the suffering of Our Lord that I had a hard time staying focused. I had to look to them all to keep going. Thank goodness Our Lady needed to be lead around a lot because I often forgot where I was supposed to go and just let others take me! I'm joking a little, but truly the whole experience was amazing and I am blessed to have worked with so many wonderful people.
Unfortunately, I was not able to get many pictures. Just one actually. My husband couldn't figure out how to turn off the flash and he didn't want to disturb others in their prayer and meditation. So all I have is this picture of The Fourth Station: Jesus meets his Mother. I'm not sure how much you can tell from this but here it is. I'm the one in the white dress and blue veil. Ha ha.
1 comment:
That's a great shot! I too felt moved by the whole experience and I cried when I saw the scene of Jesus being taken down from the cross. You had the perfect expression of agony on your face the whole time.
Kathy
Post a Comment