So excited that the 40 Days for Life has begun. But I am disappointed that we haven't had more volunteers sign up to pray with us. We have our Ministry Fair this weekend though and I plan to make a big push then. Go to www.40daysforlife.com to find a team in your area.
I am also excited about the Spiritual Adoption we began this year. So far we've had 58 babies spiritually adopted! I will post pics soon of the big Tree of Life I am making with all the names of the babies on it soon.
************
More things to love about my kids' new school: they encourage creative initiative. A boy in my son's 5th grade class decided to write, produce and direct a play. He started using lunch and recess time to work on it; auditioning for parts, making posters, rehearsing, etc. He got the whole 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades involved. The administration caught wind of it and totally embraced it. They let the kids hang posters all around the school and even made announcements about it on the morning announcements and at the recent PTA meeting. Isn't that awesome?! That's how kids should learn; embrace their interests and turn it into a learning experience. I love it!
************
We just finished some major projects at our house. One was putting some egress windows into our basement so we could turn an existing room down there into a bedroom. You may remember a while back I was trying to sell my house and move to a bigger one. Well that never happened, the market was just too bad. I wondered what I had done wrong that dear St. Joseph hadn't interceded for me as he does for so many others who bury him on their property. But of course God's infinite wisdom is always revealed in the end. He did answer, His answer had just been "no". He is such a wonderful God because if my plan had worked we would not have been able to afford the private school and we would have had to leave all these awesome neighbors who we love. And in addition to that, I was also able to put in a beautiful patio I've been wanting for 10 years! God is so good! We got everything we wanted and more. So remember His no is always best!
Sent from my iPod
No comments:
Post a Comment