A few posts ago (will add link later on iPod now) I told you all how I had begun covering my head at Mass and how the Lord had acknowledged me by sending me a veil via my mother (amazing!). Well, about a week ago, I went to Adoration and realized that I had forgotten my veil. I went in and knelt down and told myself that because I had initiated the whole business, and don't necessarily believe one HAS to veil, that it didn't really matter this time. But as I knelt there I remembered why I had initiated the whole business; as an offering of love to Jesus and as a visible sign of my devotion to Him. At the same time I looked up and saw a box of tissue on a little table by the side door and I knew what I had to do. I thought, "Oh no. No no no, that is going too far. I will look like a fool!". I really wanted the Lord to speak, I wanted Him to say, "Ha ha no problem. I don't even want you to do it!". But there was only silence. Silence and my little interior voice saying, "Aren't you willing to be a fool for Him?". And I realized, yes I am. I'm willing to be a fool. But I guess only to a point because I went and got the tissue, but before putting it on my head I moved to the back row. Lol! Still I sat there with a Kleenex on my head for an hour and a half. And after the initial 10 minutes or so of totally being mortified, I became mortified in the right way, or at least humbled. And it was one of the most fruitful times I've spent in Adoration.
Be a fool for Him.
Sent from my iPod
1 comment:
I love this, Cassie! Praise God! Love, Christina
Post a Comment