I'm on the bus headed home from seeing the very awesome exhibit "Vatican Splendors". I wanted to be able to write something pithy and insightful about my impressions, but really, I've got nothing. Just that it was awesome. And, if you are lucky enough to live in the vicinity of one of the three cities this exhibit will be visiting, than you should go. It was kind of like a dream; there were so many amazing and beautiful things - such beauty created to glorify Our Lord! - that I can hardly remember it. I'm glad there was a catalog of the show in the gift shop!
I will tell you about one part of the exhibit that, unexpectedly, moved me the most. Towards the end of the exhibit there is a cast, in bronze, made from the hand of Pope John Paul II. It is the only piece in the exhibit that they invite you to touch. So I reached out and put my hand into the hand of that great Pope. And I burst into tears. I didn't even know that I was going to cry, I just suddenly did. I was so moved. I closed my eyes and I just prayed for his intercession; for me, for my family, for The Church and for the world. When I left the exhibit after that I felt profoundly changed. Maybe not forever, but for that moment in time, I was changed.
Sent from my iPod
1 comment:
I too was deeply moved. The whole day was full of spirituality. God put things in my trip that would continue to show His glory and the wonders of the world He created. He brought people and events along the way to show me that He is always with me and working thru me. How amazing He is!
Post a Comment