Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas cards for a soldier

I keep meaning to blog about this but haven't had a chance. My family adopted a soldier recently through Soldiers Angels, an awesome organization. When you adopt a soldier you are committing to one care package a month and one letter a week for the duration if their deployment. It's been a great experience; my kids love drawing pictures for him and shopping for him. I won't lie, it's starting to get tricky finding things to write to him about, as he is not able to reply so far and I don't know much about him. But I just ramble on and hopefully he doesn't mind.

I have been thinking about a big project that I'd like to do for my soldier: I would really love to get a whole bunch of folks to send him Christmas cards. If you would be interested in sending a Christmas card to a soldier please contact me and I will give you his info. You can email me at chintermister@comcast.net. Better yet, if you can adopt your own soldier, you should definitely do it. Go here to learn more.

Sent from my iPod

No comments: