While out riding their bikes the other day, my kids found a prayer card laying on the ground, presumably dropped by someone. It wasn't in front of a house or anyplace where it might be obvious who the owner was, so they brought it home to me. I had to laugh at the irony: it was St. Anthony, Patron Saint of lost items.
**********
I was out shopping at the mall this weekend, all by myself for the first time in I don't know how long, so I ducked into a little shop I've seen before called Pretty Pretty. I am attracted to this shop because it is basically all things shiny, glittery and satiny that one can put in their hair. I love shiny things! I also love playing with my hair; so Pretty Pretty is pretty much my store. I was the only person in the place so the saleslady and I are talking and somehow we end up in the back with the wigs and hair pieces. She starts clipping these things into my hair and pretty soon I've got a softly curling, waist long ponytail. Then she starts sticking the shiny hair decorations in it. It looks beautiful! A group of girls come in and they are watching and complimenting the different combs, hair sticks, etc. Finally I stand up to go and when I take the hair piece off the girls freak out because they thought it was really my hair (were they scamming me?). Now I am actually thinking of going back to buy it. Is it wrong for a 40 year old mom of 5 to wear a waist long hair piece like Miley Cyrus or something?
Sent from my iPod
No comments:
Post a Comment