Today the abortion clinic was closed again, for the third straight week in a row, thanks be to God! We are not quite sure, but we suspect it has something to do with this which I blogged about before. The clinic in my area is not actually involved, but Dr. Brigham is also the owner of the this clinic. I am thankful that he has (again) lost his license and I pray this brings an end to his killing spree. I pray for God's will and for justice and I hope that justice includes a felony charge in Maryland.
I got to experience some random acts of kindness today too. Some sweet lady from a nearby office brought over donuts for all of us there praying. She didn't give her name, or even linger to chat, but she just said that she and some people in her office wanted to do something nice to thank and support us. Another man stopped to talk to us today also, just to thank us and say God bless. It's in the 40's here and it's pretty cold and tiring being on your knees all morning, so those little acts of kindness mean a lot. Some days it even means more than having a lot of folks there praying with you. If you've ever wish you could participate in the 40 Days for Life, or the year-round prayer vigil at an abortion clinic, but you feel you don't have time, just drive by and wave. Stop and say a kind word. Donuts were nice, hot coffee might be nice too. Anything to let those folks know you are behind them and that you are praying too.
Heavenly Father, thank you for the many gifts you give to us: our life, our families, our health, our friends... and thank you Father, also, for those who bestow small acts of kindness upon us, for in their giving we see and feel your love and mercy. Bless those who bless us in our work, which is truly Your work. In Jesus' name, Amen.
1 comment:
Amen to your prayer.
http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com
Post a Comment