I drove past THE house today - the house where our friends died. There were workers outside painting it and it appeared a crew was inside too. That makes sense. The house was rented, so the owners probably need to move on. I'm sure they want to erase the cute little yellow house that was splashed all over headlines. They are painting it a mossy green. It doesn't look nearly as cute, but I get it. I'm sure that the owners need the income. They can't just let it sit vacant. It all made complete sense to me that they would need to move forward. Life goes on.
Life goes on. Suddenly it dawned on me that I really need to too. I realized that moving on is also part of God's plan. What an amazing design He has made. We cannot dwell in the past - in sadness and despair. He has made it so that we must move forward. This time of year is the perfect season to illustrate it. Spring, the season of new life. Leaves are budding on trees, flowers are blooming. I thought about death and I thought how God does not want us to dwell on our losses. Yes, people die, some too soon, but every day new babies are born too. This whole world was created for us and everything in it moves us forward and gives us hope. So I am going to drop this melancholy tone and get on to other things. Thank you all for bearing with me during this crazy time. Your prayers have helped immensely, more than you will ever know.
2 comments:
I always enjoy reading your blog. Hope you will stop by and see me...Every comment enters you for the 10 big giveaways this month....in honor of Parker's 10th birthday!
I will resume our Disney posts in a few days.
Tonight I have such a heavy heart and a huge prayer request.
And THEIR eternal lives have gone on too... perfected in Heaven with Christ. It was an awful thing to happen to the family, but there is so much hope to be found too.
Post a Comment