Monday, June 30, 2008

"i" Don't Get It

I have made myself an iGoogle page. Chris was the first one to tell me about it. Then Mandy mentioned it as well. Mandy also had a post on it, and when I checked out the link on her post, and the comments on that link, there were nothing but rave reviews for the iGoogle. So, I thought,"I gotta get in on that."

I went out and created my iGoogle page and added lots of gadgets. I guess it is pretty fun when you are faced with all the possible gadgets you can add, but I don't really need another excuse to be on the computer all day long, ignoring my children - which is exactly what the little Tetris game I added did to me. I played Tetris for, like, 2 hours straight, hiding it from my children whenever they walked by, because then they would want to play and I wasn't giving that up.

The feature that got my attention originally was the Google Reader that saved my archives when I accidentally deleted my blog. I am forever grateful to both Chris for e-mailing me my past posts, and Mandy for letting me know about it as well, but to be honest, I don't get it. I went out and subscribed to all my favorite blogs and there they all were. But, I like going to the actual blogs better. I like seeing what's on the sidebars and, I don't know, it seems more natural for lack of a better word. I guess I'm just old school that way. If you can really call it old school since I only discovered blogging at the beginning of this year. Maybe I'm just old. Well, actually, I know I'm old when it comes to technology. I don't even own an iPod. Or anything with "i" in it.

The thing is, the iGoogle and the Google Reader, those are the kinds of things that are really for people who also text message each other, I think. I just don't really get it. Maybe I'll come around eventually. I do like playing the Tetris!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess when you are in a hurry and want to have a quick read of your subscriptions, it's worth it. But when one has the time to tinker, going to the actual site is worth it. Most of the time, you have to go to the site to make a comment anyway. It may take some getting used to, but eventually you may see that you have everything you would normally check in one location. That's what makes it easy. Good for you for trying it! :) Thanks for the links to our blog!

CJ Sweet said...

Oh, Mandy, I'm sure I'll get used to it - right around the time they come out with something new! By the time I gave up calling on the phone and began e-mailing people, everyone was texting. I have no idea how to do that! LOL! :-)

Missy said...

I love Tetris! I am currently hooked on another game, called Peggle (my husband found it somewhere for me) and I waste hours at a time playing it...
I do use Bloglines as my reader. I have way too many blogs I read to remember all the sites.
and I don't own an ipod either. :)

CJ Sweet said...

Missy, it's nice to know I'm not the only person in America who doesn't have an iPod! And I am still totally addicted to Tetris. My high score so far is 9780 lines. I don't know if that is good or not! :-)

CJ Sweet said...

Okay, now I know whether 9780 is good or not - it's not! I scored 101,370 tonight!