Friday, June 27, 2008

Is This What You Mean?

Well, thank you everyone for all your nice comments and support! I forgot to choose the settings to e-mail me whenever there are comments, so I had no idea you all had been checking in! I appreciate it very much.

A giant shout out goes to Chris over at The Simple and the Ordinary for e-mailing me all of my archives from Google Reader. I have no idea what Google Reader is, but she also e-mailed me some directions, so I will have to check it out. I see that Mandy also pointed me in that direction, so a thank you also goes to her. Maybe I will figure out how to back post archives? I don't know if that's possible. Well, at least I have them!

Now to the real business at hand. The reason for my title. This is referring to a campaign initiated by Father Frank Pavone and the Priests for Life. They are asking everyone to e-mail or write to their local Pro-Choice politicians and ask, "Is this what you mean?" Then, using the words of the abortionists themselves, they actually describe the abortion procedure. It's horrifying. I will share with you some of the quotes and hopefully you will be moved, as I have been, to get involved and join the campaign. Honestly, I cannot believe these people can bring themselves to do what they do, knowing what they know. May God have mercy on them. Here are some the quotes:

First Trimester Suction Abortion

"Question: Can the heart of a fetus or embryo still be beating during a suction curettage abortion as the fetus or embryo comes down the cannula? Answer: For a few seconds to a minute, yes." (Sworn testimony given in US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (Madison, WI, May 27, 1999, Case No. 98-C-0305-S), by Dr. Harlan Raymond Giles, an abortionist. He describes legal activity.)

"The fetus passes through the catheter and either dies in transit as it's passing through the catheter or dies in the suction bottle after it's actually all the way out." (Sworn testimony given in US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin(Madison, WI, May 27, 1999, Case No. 98-C-0305-S), by Dr. Martin Haskell, an abortionist. He describes legal activity.)


Second Trimester D&E Abortion

"A long curved Mayo scissors may be necessary to decapitate and dismember the fetus…" (From the medical textbook Abortion Practice – Dr. Warren Hern, p.154,describing legal activity).

"The friction causes the fetus to tear apart. For example, a leg might be ripped off the fetus as it is pulled through the cervix." (US Supreme Court, Gonzales vs. Carhart, April 18, 2007, describing the D&E procedure, which is legal).

"We would attack the lower part of the lower extremity first, remove, you know, possibly a foot, then the lower leg at the knee and then finally we get to the hip." (Sworn testimony given in US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin(Madison, WI, May 27, 1999, Case No. 98-C-0305-S), by Dr. Martin Haskell, an abortionist. He describes legal activity.)

"Typically the skull is brought out in fragments rather than as a unified piece…" (Sworn testimony given in US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin (Madison, WI, May 27, 1999, Case No. 98-C-0305-S), by Dr. Martin Haskell, an abortionist. He describes legal activity.)


If you have the stomach for it after that (I didn't), they also have some You Tube links. Honestly, being 4 months pregnant, all of this hit a little too close to home for me, so I just couldn't go there. I'm sure you are all as appalled as I am, so now, take a deep breath and get involved! To go directly to the campaign information click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Cassie. I couldn't even read the entire thing. I have always been pro life and this...this...there are no words. The only comforting thought I have is that God is holding those babies in the palm of his hands.

On a totally unrelated note...you are welcome. I am not sure if you can back post dates. If someone knows, I would love to read up on that info! I am toying with the idea of moving the blog to Blogger. Back posting is one of the reasons I am holding back. I would hate to copy and paste everything without records of the original dates I wrote them.

Missy said...

horrifying. seriously horrifying. Wow.
I am with Mandy - God is holding those little babies, such a good thought.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Please add me to your links...i will do the same for you!

Anonymous said...

As Catholics ought to know abortion is a mortal sin. It denies a baby baptism.
Abortion is not an option for Catholics.

It also incurs an automatic excommunication.
Hopefully your good parish priests will tell you that.

Many might be
staunchly "pro-life" but not staunchly pro-Catholic in the necessity of adherence to the Catholic religion.