"O Catholic Church, true mother of Christians, you are right in preaching that God should be adored with an entirely chaste and pure heart. Indeed, to live in Him is the blessed life."
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Ugh, I am really messing up this Lent. I decided to give up an hour of sleep by getting up early and using the extra time to do the Divine Office. So far I've only done it truly successfully 3 times. The rest of the time I'm waking up, praying, and then going back to sleep for 1/2 an hour. A couple of times I even overslept! At least once I just failed completely by hitting the snooze button for an hour. And so what did I do today? I took a nap. Now it's nearly midnight and I am wide awake. What are the chances of me getting up in 6 hours? I know sacrifice is the whole point but why did I pick sleep? It's so haaaaarrrd! I hope you are all having a far more successful Lent then I am. I'm really going to use all my will to get up tomorrow. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are not alone, Cassie! I have had troubles staying to my Lenten additions. The Rosaries are going well but the water and gym are more difficult. I pray and ask forgiveness and start again. The Lord completely understands, I feel. We are still only human - with all our failings. Today is another day!
how about half hour before bed and half in the morning? I like praying late at night best, makes me peaceful.
Post a Comment