"O Catholic Church, true mother of Christians, you are right in preaching that God should be adored with an entirely chaste and pure heart. Indeed, to live in Him is the blessed life."
Monday, March 7, 2011
Lenten Sacrifices
So what's everyone giving up for Lent? I think I am going to try giving up, drum roll please,...............hitting the snooze button! Yes, I am FINALLY going to get up at 6:00 a.m. And I am going to use the extra time to start doing the Divine Office again. I actually did that pretty regularly for awhile, but it went the same way my working out at the gym went. I'll have to get back to that one of these days too, but one sacrifice at a time here. Tomorrow morning is my last day, for 40 days, of sleeping to that late late hour of 7:00 a.m. And now that I have announced it cyberly I am going to have to own it. I'd love to hear your plans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a good plan! I am going to pray the Rosary morning and evening as well as get back to the gym. The Rosary tends to calm and center me and my life. Not to mention working miracles!!
The gym - well I am paying for it anyway........might as well use it again!
I love your idea Cassie! I'm going to be more prayerful, say the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy each day, attend Eucharistic Adoration several times a week, and try and reduce the amount of waste our household generates.
Post a Comment