So, Lent has started. How y'all doing? I always like to do one sacrifice and then one extra thing too. This year I gave up Facebook, which sounds silly, but has been really tough! God is allowing me to be sorely tempted, I'll tell you. My best friend, who I had been begging to join for months now, called up the day after Ash Wednesday and said, 'Okay, I finally joined. Go respond my friend request." Whaat?? Ha ha! That Lord, He's got a sense of humor. But I'm doing really good with that and staying off.
The extra thing, that I said I was going to add, was supposed to be a family Rosary each night after dinner (well, a Decade, my kids are mostly too little to make it through a whole one). But I hate to admit this, I have not been home one night since Lent started. I have had so many meetings and then our Parish Mission started and there are only two of us on the committee to run this thing so I've been up there every night this week. Wow, it's been great though! Good News International, a Catholic lay ministry. The guy we got, Bill Wegner, is just great. Very very funny, but also very very encouraging in faith.
So that's how that is going. I figure it's never too late to start, so we will be getting to this Rosary thing as soon as the mission is over. I'll let you know how it goes. I know a lot of you probably say family Rosaries, so please pray for my family. This will be a big deal for us. My husband has never said a Rosary and the only time we all pray together is saying grace at meals. I'm hoping we can manage to keep this up long after Lent is over. I'd love to hear what you all are up to, so drop me a line in the com box if you'd like!
4 comments:
Yes, Cassie. Go to "layout" click on "edit" in the "posts" box. About four or five choices down you can delete the word comment and add in what you want. Click "save" and you're in business.
- Sarah
I gave up sweets and have been sorely tempted as well. :(
I thought about giving up facebook.... I still think I should do it! I added a rosary too.... I am doing pretty well with the rosary except for two nights where I fell asleep before saying it...Tara
I am fasting 3 days per week: strict fast & abstinence, as well as struggling with charity - sometimes family can try us the most! I am also on a mission to encourage Catholic bloggers to keep up the posts on pro life and protests Mr. Obama's pro death orders:
My mission today:
PLEASE join with other Catholic Pro Life Bloggers by continually posting at every about Mr. Obama's UNACCEPTABLE stand on the destruction of innocent life - I propose we band together and make a peaceful but continual protest in defense of LIFE! Keep it going! God Bless you and Our Lady of Guadaloupe, Ora Pro Nobis!
Post a Comment