Saturday, December 6, 2008

STOP Abortion from being declared a "Universal Human Right" by the UN

On December 10, 2008 (Human Rights Day) the UN will gather to consider the proposal of pro-choice groups to add "Abortion" to the list of "Universal Human Rights".

The UN will begin "Human Rights Day" with a signing ceremony opening the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW). The Protocol would legally bind countries to uphold all aspects of CEDAW. This includes upholding the "reproductive rights of women" (including abortion). It would also target any "culture and tradition" which stands in the way of this agenda.

There is an international organization that is gathering signatures to stop this proposal that will put laws permitting abortion on a global level.

You can join this effort by SIGNING THE PETITION at the link below (available in various languages). You can also send this link to friends so they can sign too:

http://www.c-fam.org/publications/id.95/default.asp

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm off to sign the petition. Thanks for the comment on my background..I wish she had some advent ones. I wish I could create one. :)

Cascia Talbert said...

I better go and sign that petition. Thank you for sharing. I found your blog on Catholic Mother's Online. You have a very nice blog!