Wow! Thanks for all the comments, well wishes and prayers. You guys are so wonderful, so encouraging. I just really appreciate it so much.
Things are going pretty good here. I have somehow managed to get everyone out the door to school on time; dressed, fed, homework done and lunches packed. I've even manged to take my own shower and do hair and make-up each day as well! Maybe I'm over-achieving, but it's helping me with my general feeling of well being, so that is good. I have suffered from post-partum depression in the past, after the births of two of my children, so I am always watching out for that.
I did have a bit of a problem with nursing, which has been a total shock to me, and did get me down in the dumps for a few days. I have nursed all of my children successfully, and am a big advocate of breast-feeding, so it sort of came as a shock that I would have trouble. I mean, I had a difficult time with my first-born, but I always chalked that up to inexperience and felt like I was a real pro at this point, so it was quite a blow to find myself struggling with nursing issues again. Oh, that sin of pride that comes up time and time again. I guess I needed to be humbled a bit in that area. At any rate, things are going much more smoothly now and I am feeling a lot better.
I've really missed blogging, and keeping up with the blogs, but I have to admit, I haven't had much brain power to think of anything to post. So I was very grateful to find that both Kathy, from The Daily Grotto, and Jenn D., from My Musings, passed along the latest meme to me. Gives me something to write about. According to the rules, I have to post six things that make me really happy. Then pass it on to give six more people a reason to be thankful.
Here are six things that make me happy, in no particular order:
1. New babies! That newborn smell on the tops of their heads, their little newborn cries, the way my husband swoons over her, watching my older children cuddle and love her up...it's bliss!!!
2. Getting a good night's sleep (you don't really appreciate that one until it's gone!)
3. Going to Mass, Adoration, receiving Holy Communion, all the sacraments actually, and Holy Mother Church guiding us; the saints and angels interceding for us, and all things Roman Catholic!
4. Lighting the Advent wreath and doing our various Advent calendars and activities with my children - the Jesse tree, our little manger that we fill with straw for each good deed or loving action, getting it ready for baby Jesus to come on Christmas eve...
5. My Book Club, a wonderful group of ladies that meets each month. I'm not sure which makes me happier, the fantastic books I might otherwise not have read, or the great conversation and sharing a pot of tea with the girls!
6. Blogging and getting to know so many wonderful, faithful women, and men, out there in the blogosphere. Thinking that I might be an instrument of God's love, to touch or inspire or teach someone, the way that I have been inspired and learned so much from all of them!
Since I haven't been keeping up with everyone's blogs lately, I'm not entirely sure who this has gone around to. So I will just say that if you haven't done this one, give it a try and let me know in the comments, because I would love to hear what makes each of you happy.
God bless and thanks again for all the prayers and love!
7 comments:
Cassie, responding to your comment on my post about Fasting. It counts! Your intention is what matters most. Your prayers are most most welcome! I don't usually eat at that time either, but I do have coffee.
I'll do the meme you posted here as well, although after reading yours I almost just want to write "What Cassie said!" for all six.:)
Have a great day!
I'm thinking, boy your a Super Mom to be able to do all the things you do and then blog. You have to take it easy in these early days of giving birth because you tire easily and then woman start to feel run-down. So just take it easy. So if you don't feel like blogging one day, don't worry, we'll be here waiting! Take care my new bloggy friend. :-)
Glad you are doing so well - and you are so thankful for so many wonderful things. I had a hard time doing this meme (tagged by Alexa) and I tell you why: I'm thankful for all the good things AND the bad things (pain that makes me remember I'm alive and to offer it up; trials - so I remember to lean on God etc.).
God bless you!
Glad you are doing better! As Anne said, I will be waiting for you to return to normal blogging...just snuggle up with that baby!
I cam across your blog. I really enjoy it.
Thank you.
I love that newborn baby smell! I miss those days...
Get some sleep! :)
Great blog. I love them all, too.
:-)
Post a Comment