My 18 month old daughter just added a new word to her vocabulary. She's been slow to start talking (as were all of my other kids too) and only has about 15 words or so now, none of which, may I add, include "mommy," "ma ma," or even just "ma." But she has recently added a new one: SpongeBob. I didn't even believe it at first. I kept picking up things with SpongeBob on them and asking "who's this?" The consistent answer was SpongeBob. When she says it, it sounds a little like "Bum-Bah."
It's very funny, and perhaps a tiny bit sad, the progression of parenting with each child. My oldest was not even allowed to watch the TV, I mean he didn't even know you could turn it on, until he was 2 years old. After that he was only allowed one (maybe two on special occasions) PBS shows each day. Now, here we are 8 years later, and child number 4 has added SpongeBob to her vocabulary before "mommy" even.
We're so proud.
3 comments:
No kidding, Ben started saying "Um-BOB" this week too! He's also been slow to talking... only says Mama, Dada, Hi, Uh-Oh, Wow, and Whoa. It's HI-LARIOUS that he is saying Spongebob before his sisters' names.
And not out of line at all... I'm actually suspicious of that myself. I hope that I am, as that would explain my sudden narcolepsy!!! I'll test Friday if I haven't gotten the monthly bill by then. ;) If not, I need to make an appointment to see my doctor because something is up with my body.
This made me smile because I know you have a wonderful family and if you're little one is saying spongebob then maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. We don't allow Spongebob - but I"ll let you know what our children are saying when we've got more down the line!
My little guy knows all the characters from Dora at 21 months. I am so proud. LOL. It could be worse, right?
Post a Comment