I was getting ready to go to my friend Kathy's house to swim in her pool today, and had already put my bathing suit on, when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was surprised to notice a weird bump on my back. I stopped and turned sideways in the mirror trying to get a better look. It looked more like a hump even than a bump. Am I getting osteoporosis? I wondered. I stood up straighter. No, the hump was still there. I was actually feeling a little alarmed. I tried throwing my shoulders back and really adopting a pose of perfect posture. The ominous hump was still visible. So I reached around to poke it and it felt kind of squishy. What on earth? I thought. Then something dawned on me. I pulled the front of my bathing suit down a little and looked. Yep. I had my suit on backwards and the hump was the padded support bra! I felt really stupid. Is that hilarious or what? I am such a loser! In my defense though, I was wearing a maternity bathing suit, which is essentially a tent, and not so quickly obvious when put on backwards. But, seriously, I was wearing it for like 10 minutes before realizing it, and I'm not sure I would have ever noticed if I hadn't seen the hump in the mirror. Oh my goodness, I am losing my mind!
"O Catholic Church, true mother of Christians, you are right in preaching that God should be adored with an entirely chaste and pure heart. Indeed, to live in Him is the blessed life."
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Embarassing Moment of the Week
I was getting ready to go to my friend Kathy's house to swim in her pool today, and had already put my bathing suit on, when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I was surprised to notice a weird bump on my back. I stopped and turned sideways in the mirror trying to get a better look. It looked more like a hump even than a bump. Am I getting osteoporosis? I wondered. I stood up straighter. No, the hump was still there. I was actually feeling a little alarmed. I tried throwing my shoulders back and really adopting a pose of perfect posture. The ominous hump was still visible. So I reached around to poke it and it felt kind of squishy. What on earth? I thought. Then something dawned on me. I pulled the front of my bathing suit down a little and looked. Yep. I had my suit on backwards and the hump was the padded support bra! I felt really stupid. Is that hilarious or what? I am such a loser! In my defense though, I was wearing a maternity bathing suit, which is essentially a tent, and not so quickly obvious when put on backwards. But, seriously, I was wearing it for like 10 minutes before realizing it, and I'm not sure I would have ever noticed if I hadn't seen the hump in the mirror. Oh my goodness, I am losing my mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh my gosh I about fell out of my chair. That is so funny!!!!! When's your due date, I forgot. Oops!!
Too funny! At least you can laugh at yourself! Hope you are feeling ok!
I'm just another reader who so enjoyed reading your post today. It was just so visual. Can't wee all just picture ourselves in that situation? I applaud your bravery in sharing this with all of us. :-))
Hi Cassie, this was so funny. Just wanted to leave a short note to say "hi" and let you know I'm thinking of you. I keep thinking I will write more--and then I don't:-)
I bet you understand--but I don't even have a good excuse:-)
Hope all is well. Have a good week. God bless!
Kay
I can just imagine the scene!!
That's one of the funniest "real-life" stories I've heard! Thanks for sharing it!
Clothes can get their revenge. Made me think of a DRE friend I know, who quickly fed her children, got "dressed up" and raced to the church to present a parent meeting. During intermission, a kind person came up and removed the black sock that was stuck to the back of her white sweater. So, much for just grabbing clothes out of the dryer and being on your way!
Post a Comment