Friday, February 25, 2011

Don't get discouraged

I was feeling discouraged yesterday. I was thinking about abortion, about the same-sex marriage thing which is pretty much a done deal here in Maryland, about some things going on in my own Catholic community....just feeling real discouraged. And I thought, Satan must have a field day with this stuff. He must just laugh his head off all day long. But then a voice in my heart said, Ah, but he cries every time the Host is consecrated and Jesus is made present on earth in the Eucharist! And I realized, wow, and this happens, like, 24/7 around the world really!! Isn't Jesus being made present pretty much every hour of 24 hours of the earth's rotation? So let's never feel discouraged and never forget, we may still be fighting the battle, and it's a real battle yes, but the war has already been won.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right! We do have hope! The battle is already won. Great thought - thanks for sharing!