Friday, July 11, 2008

Hey, I got my Blog back!

Well, I logged in here to give you all an update on my oh-so-exciting life and saw on my dashboard that I have 3 blogs! I had been creating an archives blog and copying all of the archives Chris e-mailed me over to it, but now apparently my old blog is back too! The folks at Blogger didn't even let me know. No e-mail, no response, no nothing. How strange. So now you can go here if you want to see my archives. Now I'm wondering if I should copy these 3 or 4 posts over to that one and just have one blog, or leave well enough alone. What would you all do?

So, for that update, let's see....we've had to lower our house price which is not surprising in this market, but I wish the thing would hurry up and sell. The contingency on the other contract (for the new house) is about to expire on July 12th, tomorrow, and we are negotiating with them whether or not they will extend it. I'm not super worried if they don't because, frankly, they are not really selling houses either. So I feel like we can keep on trying to sell ours, and when we do, just go back there and put a contract on a house. Maybe not the exact same lot, but they have a few others I like.

Our other latest sales tactic is putting in all new carpeting. Isn't that always the way? You live with your own dirty filthy carpet for years and then you pay $3500 for someone else to live with nice carpet! Ha ha! So today my house is over-run with carpet guys pounding away and we are stuck here is just three rooms (the ones with hardwood floors) and my kids are destroying this small space as fast as I can pick up after. Also the baby can't take a nap so she is crabby. The only thing that makes her happy is carrying around a box of Lucky Charms and eating from it carte blanche. I'm waiting for her to actually turn into that little leprechaun guy. Oh well, you do what you have to do.

Last but not least, my most exciting news of all... I had a sonogram on Wednesday and learned that we are having another girl! I am very happy because the three boys are already kind of their own little gang - a new boy would have been too young to fit in - and now Johanna will have a sister to be her ally against all the testosterone in this house! I really thought it was going to be a boy, so I actually had to mourn that loss a little bit, just because that is what I had been picturing, but now we are all excited to welcome a new little girl!

Well, off to keep the baby from stepping on carpet nails!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog links are not that great. I'm sorry. I wouldn't visit any of those in a hurry. They seem modern.A blog deserves feedback. I'm being honest.

CJ Sweet said...

Anonymous, every time you comment I am confused. I don't know what you think I am trying to do here, but mostly I am just keeping connected with friends. All of those links are to friends of mine. So sorry you don't approve. Good thing I'm not in the business of choosing your friends and thank Heavens you are not in the business of choosing mine!

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

great blog!

Anonymous said...

Yay! A girl! congrats on that. :)

Ignore those who don't have the courage to sign their name. I love keeping up with your blog. Hmph.

Missy said...

good that you got your blog back!
Awesome news about your ultrasound! Yay for another girl!!!

As for selling your house - we are possibly looking at being in the same predicament soon. I am dreading the thought of having to sell - nothing else around here is selling, so why would mine?? ugh...

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Glad you're back!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you got your blog back Cassie!!!! And Congrats on the baby girl - will you be sharing names? Hee, hee!!